Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the new teen smile...



in this digital age , i am so happy to see that the young ones can document their cheerfulness and memorable times with their friends -- i loved photography even back in grade school, but every picture had to be posed, everyone carefully looking at the camera with their polished on smiles because you only had 36 chances per film roll to catch that perfect picture -- what i wouldn't do to have those not so perfect silly carefree pictures of my youth.  i couldn't help but snag a few of these of my niece from her computer during my last visit to illinois -- notice the new look - the opened mouth, stick the tongue out, and flash the peace sign --
and yes, do i wish these young ones nothing but peace in the unfolding of their lives!
keep "smiling" girls - or sticking your tongue out - whatever it takes to be your
 happy fun selves.

2 comments:

  1. Its the less perfect pics that are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I remember pictures before the digital age. There were no re-do's! Which was kind of a good thing. Now, I am constantly worried about getting the perfect picture instead of just enjoying the moment. If I don't like it, I can just erase it!

    ReplyDelete

admit it! comments make your day! i'd love to hear what you have to say!