Friday, November 6, 2009

love those frugal finds...



I am linking up to Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous once again, as well as to furniture feature friday at Miss Mustard Seed, to share my thrifty finds from last week –i've said it before,  but it really is so fun to have found these blogs because i don't think my husband "gets it" when i get a good sale or bargain - either that, or he is just a bit tired after 7 years of hearing how great my thrift stores are and how wonderful a saturday morning of garage sales can be --- to him, i am STILL spending money, no matter where or what it is - it's still money being spent. but he plays along and deep down, i think he likes my frugal finds!

last week, i found two of the dining room chairs pictures above at our local Goodwill , priced at $10 each. Add two cans of spray paint, 2 contrasting yards of Amy Butler fabric that I already had, and a little work and this is the end result.

and i was even more jazzed to see that these "queen anne upholstered chairs" at pottery barn are $249! (pictured below) i scored with my 2 for $20!

and the finished combo in my dining room - a craft/sewing table for me and my girls...


another garage sale find which didn't require any work or makeovers - love those kind too - were these bamboo stems from z gallerie and the brown vase that they came in - for 7 buckaroos. it sits next to the bathtub in our master bath and well, it just works well there.



have a great weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Jane @ Finding FabulousNovember 6, 2009 at 6:45 AM

    Ack...that chair looks identical to the pottery barn one...great find! And I love the fabric you chose too...super fabulous find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chairs! What a great fabric you put on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find on those chairs....they look better than the Pottery Barn!!! You did a fabulous job.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a score with those chairs! They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yesss, i LOVE the different fabrics on the seats! awesome redo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You did an awesome job!!! My husband is totally outnumbered too. We also have 3 girls ~ so I understand their pain!

    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those chairs!!! I wish I could find some like those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the chairs! I saw one that you had spray painted last weekend, but it didn't have a cushion yet so I was definitely wondering what you had planned! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a deal... you scored. They turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh! So so elegant! I love how you place your chairs in non traditional settings too. I love doing that as well.

    Gorgeous outcome!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could find some for such a great steal, I've been keeping my eye out for a dining room chair or two in red or to paint red for accents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those chairs look terrific! What a great deal and even better than Pottery Barn's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got your link from the Mustard Seed Creations link party.
    The first thing that popped in my head was "those look like the dinning chairs in Pottery barn!" I love how they turned out! Awesome work.
    Court
    frog2fab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great find! Almost identical to Pottery Barn.

    I love junk store finds and recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great find! Those chairs have such a pretty shape and look almost identical to the PB ones. I guess a $400 savings isn't bad! :) Well done and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FYI...your chairs were featured in my Frugalicious Friday recap! Thanks for linkin' up...they look fabulous!

    Jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete

admit it! comments make your day! i'd love to hear what you have to say!