Thursday, December 3, 2009

that door wreath...again...

           i am a big fan of finding fabulous frugalicious friday ...so here i am again!

and i'm a newbie at poppies at play 's creative cat friday!




 i have this grapevine wreath that just gets the best makeovers --
the summer look...

...and the back to school look

so of course now comes the Christmas makeover...
and all done on a dime!
when your daughter decides she wants to be tinkerbell for halloween and then changes her mind,
you are left with a lot of unused green fabric...
i cut some strips of red and green


tied on the fabric - i never use glue because it has to be ready for the next makeover...


added on my little details...
50% off glitter flower picks from Micheals - 59 cents each
Dollar Tree Mini Frame Ornament


glittery "merry" sign - $1 at Micheals
a few vintage flower picks from my own collection
1 spool of brown ribbon - $1
copied song lyrics from vintage Christmas song book




and
wa-la! my MERRY CHRISTMAS wreath!
created for about $4

and the silver tree -- inherited from a neighbor for free when she was moving and downsizing! love it!


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as usual!! After I have a baby, will I suddenly somehow become super-creative and filled with time for fun projects, like the ones you continue to amaze us all with? I certainly hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so easy. Very cute! I wish I would have checked out your blog earlier since I just got home from Dollar Tree. Next trip I'll pick up a wreath and some ribbon. Love your ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Jen!!
    That's what I do too, I keep making over my wreat to fit every holiday.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you give your wreath makeovers for each season! The sheet music is such a nice touch and I LOVE your blue door!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love your back to school wreath! That was adorable. I might have to pick up a wreath that I can transform sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI it's Voila! (not wa-la)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, great little Christmas wreath...it's super cute! I love that bright green color you used, and the cards are a nice touch! Thanks for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

    jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I had no idea a grapvine wreath could be so versatile! And I LOVE a good makeover. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete

admit it! comments make your day! i'd love to hear what you have to say!