Sunday, November 8, 2009

happy birthday ma...


today is my best friend's birthday. my mom's birthday.  the day i brought the twins home from the hospital almost 5 years ago, my neighbor said to me " now you understand just how much your mom loves you, don't you? " she couldn't have said it better.
knowing how much i miss the seasons of the midwest, my mom surprised me with a package in the mail - laminated fall
leaves! 

 yes, sounds funny, but to keep the color, that's what you have to do. so maddie started to "open" the leaves (taking the lamination off) before i explained to her that that wasn't part of the packaging. to enjoy the leaves, we made a garland on our gate, right by our front door - and added a few of the girls' painted leaves. i of course think of fall when i see tahem daily, but what i really think is MOM. Mom is Home and that is why i am always so homesick for home. 
today is november 8th...she arrives to California on December 8th...you can bet there is countdown going on!
Happy Birthday "Ma"

3 comments:

  1. I love your garland! Looks great! It is so sweet that your mom is your best friend. My mom and I became friends as I got older. We didn't get along very well when I was a teenager and throughout my twenties. Now, that I am in my thirties and a mom myself, we get along much better. I think we were always too much alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mom too! Love your garland, so cute and what a great surprise---a little piece of home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your mom!!
    Love the leaves, and of course the beautiful children.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

admit it! comments make your day! i'd love to hear what you have to say!