How cool is this though. So I posted the blog button on my blog and signed the pledge to agree to follow the Happiness Project for the year, and I find in my email, an email from the author! That to me is really inspiring – Gretchen Rubin is a best-selling author who takes the time to email me? What? How that wouldn’t make one smile and feel happy, I don’t know! Ok, I know, it could be her webmaster or someone who answers her emails for her, but don’t spoil the fun, just let me believe that it was really her.
Here is my little message from her…
I saw the nice mention of my blog, The Happiness Project, on Mimi Bella Boo. I so much appreciate those kind words and you shining a spotlight on my blog!
As a little thank-you, I’m sending along a “tips sheet” I put together. I hope you find it useful.
Made me smile.
While garage sale-ing this weekend, I came across this picture.
But I will now honestly remember to smile every time I see this silly man looking at me.
All part of the Happiness Project.
See, you smiled didn't you?
thanks to Definitely Maybe for presenting me with the Beautiful Blogger Award !
I can add that to the "HAPPY" list.
So I am supposed to post 7 "randoms" about myself...
1.My favorite saying to my kids is "I am not an octopus." It's sinking in because one twin just hollered to the other, after hearing her numerous requests to me, "Mommy is not an octopus!" Why did the octopus get 8 arms and moms only 2?
2. Queen of Procrastination. ME.
3. I met Patch Adams, the real guy, in an airport once and found him to be the most inspiring person ever - and yes, he was dressed up clown-like even in the airport.
4. I used to be a Muscular Dystrophy Association Camp Counselor for several summers which was a life-changing experience - and am now being found by several of my "little campers" on Facebook - and they are now adults! Can't even explain how great it is to see that they are still alive and well and living their lives to the fullest.
5. I would have loved a fourth child, but the minute I mentioned it, my husband informed me a day or two later that he scheduled his vasectomy. So blessed with the three we have. so so blessed.
6. i miss my mom on a daily, hourly and minute basis. i just wish we could be neighbors.
7. If I had the funds, I'd hire a personal stylist because somehow momhood took away my "cool" wardrobe and sense of style.
There's my Randoms!