Friday, April 30, 2010

Why do they do it?

I'm not going to lie. It's still a big problem with one of my 5 year olds. It's to the point that even she doesn't even know she is doing it. I have told her numerous times to stop, that it's ugly and it's full of germs, and well, JUST DON'T DO IT! I've even delivered the news that my mom used to tell me...
"I'm going to put it on a piece of bread and make you eat it."
But really, no matter how bad it gets,
I don't even think I could stomach doing that to her.

and see....she has been up to this for a few years now...
 (photos taken in july of 2006)
 
not just one time during this photo shoot but two times...

and three times...


and yep, let's go for a fourth pick...

and this one is complete with the smile that she knows she is funny and has our attention
and that yes, we are all giggling right along with her.

even the 4th of July favorite that I used for a family card included her little pick...
but without that little finger up her nose, she really was a precious little baby...
and still is at 5 today. 

BUT I am curious as to whether or not she has been working with Izzy on learning a few tricks...
 
It all started with "where's your head?" and "where are your eyes?" and "where's your nose?" and BAM! The finger found the nostril and that was it! I laughed and the more I said don't do that, the more she did it and on came the giggles! What is it with kids and nose picking? In my few seconds of online research, I realize I've tried almost all that they suggest -- carrying tissues, band-aid on the finger, explaining about germs, demanding hand-washing, blah blah blah -- but I am going to go with the last suggestion on their list.
Ignore it.
We'll see what happens as this is definitely not one I've used thus far.

1 comment:

  1. That is funny! I used to pick my nose when I was five too. It is so disgusting and now when I see my son doing it, it grosses me out, but I can't make him stop either. If I say "no", it makes him do it more. Argh!

    ReplyDelete

admit it! comments make your day! i'd love to hear what you have to say!