Friday, February 26, 2010

blog sugar ....



here is the hostess with the mostess -
RACHEL from  No. 17 cherry tree lane...



she did the networking. she did the emailing. and she did the planning.
and we all did the gabbing...
 rachel graciously hosted a get-together at her house and invited all of the blogging women that she and others had come across in the orange county area.
she opened up her home to all of us, some complete strangers to one another, others friends from high school or neighborhood friends.
i was a stranger to everyone and admittedly felt a bit nervous before arriving,
but once there -- with all those great women, and LOTS of de-lish sugary treats, i soon felt right at home!

when i awoke the next morning and read this little book that i read each day that has inspiring quotes and what not, this is what the day said...

Strangers are just friends waiting to happen

so so true in the case of Blog Sugar! 

so yes, i came in as a stranger, but left knowing i had just created new friendships. 
if you've come across some bloggers that you realize are "neighbors," follow rachel's lead and reach out to these gals and get together. it was so inspiring to share stories and reasons for blogging, the names behind the titles of our blogs, and especially to put REAL faces with these blogs that we've become such fans of.


13 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this post and am so thankful to have my blogger buddies to encourage me - the ones I've met in person and the ones I am still hoping to meet! Beautifully expressed post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I'm excited to possibly meet you next month in Decatur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great post....I was so happy to have you all over--and can't wait to do it again!!!
    All my love to you,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous! I want blogger-neighbor-friends! : ) looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny as I see you all posting about this... I realized I follow half of you! =) So here I am visiting you from someone else who posted about this event!! and now your New follower! you had me with the umbrellas!! =) Looks like a wonderful time! envy envy! I have only been blogging a month and a bit... when I am more established maybe I will get to do this too! LOL!
    Just Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Jen... It was so fabulous to "meet" you in real life. One of the highlights, that is for sure. It felt like I already knew you but the face-to-face was a treat. Can't wait to get together again. xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun. It really was nice meeting you. You are in my neck of the woods, too, so we should set up a playdate or something. I need to upload my photos... though I think are pretty much the same as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen - so glad to meet you face to face at blog sugar. It'll be fun to hang out at the next sugary event. And, if you're ever around my neck of the woods - be sure to let me know and we'll meet for a coffee! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I wish I had bloggy-friends in my area! Maybe I will do a post- Calling all FL bloggers!!!! You look beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen. It was so nice meeting you although we didn't get a chance to chat much. I am hoping next time we'll get more time. It was a fun night for sure. Have a wonderful weekend.
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really is a great idea! I don't know of too many bloggers in my area. Hopefully I can find some! Looks like you guys had a great time and I am jealous of all those delicious treats you ate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog Sugar was definitely a great idea and looked like SO much fun! I love all the details that were planned-made everything look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmmm....maybe I should move to OC. Looks fun!!

    ReplyDelete

admit it! comments make your day! i'd love to hear what you have to say!