Tuesday, May 18, 2010

now i know my ABC's...


It was headed for the trash - but I really did treasure this piece. It was originally a very colorful artsy piece from IKEA that my mom bought for me the week my father-in-law passed away back in 2003. It was a colorful splash of colors, looking a bit floral, but a bit more like just a pile of colors -- regardless of what it was really supposed to be, it reminded me of the vibrant colors in the movie of "what dreams may come...," the movie with Robin Williams that portrayed both heaven and hell. This picture matched their scences of heaven just perfectly.  But somewhere over the past few years, I decided to paint it and well, I botched it up. I couldn't let of the canvas however. So, the ABC's are a big part of our lives right now with the twins learning their alphabet throughout the last two years of preschool. A little paint and some whimsical freehand alphabet letters, and this is what I ended up with. Thank goodness for my little proofreader Maddie who repeatedly questioned me "where's the K?" as she sang the song over and over out loud. She was right - I left out the K.
You gotta be smarter than your preschooler, but sometimes, it's just the other way around!

Sharing with:


5 comments:

  1. Super CUTE! Have you seen the towels at Target that match your masterpiece almost perfectly?


    You've got my wheels turning....
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute...can never have too many abc's! Love that turquoise blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rough charcoal background with the bright blue of the letters! So graphic and fun to look at. Maybe the missing K will be a family story for years to come? Love that you repurposed a canvas with a sentimental connection. Makes it special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute...

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori. Please join me next week for another great party.

    ReplyDelete

admit it! comments make your day! i'd love to hear what you have to say!